PRIVATE SAFARI LODGE WITH A DEEP COMMITMENT TO CONSERVATION
To feel part of the living African wilderness is a sensation like no other. See some of the planet’s most majestic animals up close as you enter their world at this one-of-a-kind luxury safari lodge where you can enjoy spectacular safari experiences, unwind on your private deck under the African sun, and unwind in comfort. With a strong commitment to conservation and local culture, it is no wonder Thanda Safari is often hailed as the world’s most outstanding safari property.
AUTHENTIC SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI EXPERIENCE
In the wildlife-laden lands of South Africa’s Kwa Zulu Natal region, Thanda Safari has been designed to be part of the living landscape. Beautifully at one with nature, it honours its cultural and natural heritage with a passionate and dedicated commitment to conservation which is evident at every turn. From the Zulu-inspired lodges to the magnificent Villa iZulu, a luxurious Afro-chic homestead, to the beautiful safari tents which channel the explorers of yesteryear, no detail has been spared.
Yet it’s Thanda Safari’s immersion in the landscape which sets it apart. Wake in the morning to the sounds of the bush and set off to experience the Big 5 up close. Learn about the conservation efforts in place to protect the delicate ecosystem and get to know the local Zulu people as you embark on a luxurious journey of discovery, adventure and awakening whether you’re on a honeymoon safari or a family adventure in South Africa.
- Authentic African safari experience
- The chance to see the Big 5 in a 14,000-hectare reserve
- A choice of luxury lodges or safari tents all ensconced in true wilderness
- A magnificent private villa, voted World’s Leading Luxury Private Villa at the World Travel Awards
- The opportunity to join conservation experts in the bush
- A truly eco-conscious safari experience
- Fire-lit boma dinners and sundowners around the fire pit
- Two unique spas offering Western and Zulu treatments
- Safari experiences on foot and by 4×4 Jeep
- Member of The Leading Hotels of the World
Go in search of the Big 5 – elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards and buffalo – on this sprawling game reserve in the Kwa-Zulu Natal region of South Africa. Wild and untamed, wildlife here roams freely and offers some of the best game viewing on the continent. Experienced local Zulu guides, conservation experts and wildlife photographers will lead the way, but the animals are the star of the show. Back at the lodge, hunker down in gorgeous lodges and back-to-nature-in-luxury safari tents for cosy nights under a starlit sky, evenings spent around the fire pit regaling the day’s adventures, and time set aside for some nurturing in the two spas.
- Villa iZulu African chic homestead with 5 bedrooms, swimming pool and watering hole views (helicopter pad, gym, games and much more)
- 9 Thanda Safari lodge bush suites
- 15 luxury safari tents
- Guided safaris on foot and by 4×4 Jeep
- Zulu cultural and community experiences
- Resident wildlife photographer and field guide
- Two spas
- Plunge pools
- Expansive decks
- Bush breakfasts
- Fire lit boma dinners
- Kids’ clubs and courses
- Guided boat tour to nearby iSimangaliso Wetland Park World Heritage Site