A SAFARI SANCTUARY AND PRIVATE RESORT IN KENYA
Arijiju is designed for lovers of adventure and wildlife seeking to connect with the earth, nature and the beautiful African landscape. Built to blend into and become part of its surroundings, Arijiu offers an elegant and wellness-focused sanctuary in the heart of Kenya’s Borana Lewa Conservancy. Explore some of the planet’s most majestic animals, envelop yourself in a range of wellness experiences or reconnect with nature at this private resort in Kenya.
Enquire about this African retreat and learn how you can immerse yourself in the luxury surroundings of Arijiju.
CURATE YOUR OWN AFRICAN ADVENTURE
Arijiju has been artfully designed to work with nature, offering an exclusive retreat that also promotes the protection of the African bush. Built from locally sourced natural materials, including local stone and timber, Arijiju’s contemporary soft-toned living spaces promote relaxation. At this private resort in Kenya immersive and authentic experiences combine with limitless levels of luxury to offer an unforgettable experience.
There is no set schedule at Arijiju. Instead, you are free to curate adventures to suit your needs. Explore the African bush and ancient forests, cycle through the wild savannahs, enjoy a quiet hack on the Conservancy, relax with a therapeutic spa treatment or enjoy a delicious picnic with sweeping views of the African wilderness.
Designed for travellers passionate about protecting the planet and the animals that inhabit it, Arijiju is rooted in conservation. When you visit Arijiju, you personally support and maintain elephant migration corridors, lion research projects, and the vital protection of resident black rhinos.
- An exclusive private resort and sanctuary
- Eco-friendly, with a living-grassed roof and solar panels
- Extraordinary architecture set amidst the striking African landscape
- Main house with three bedrooms and two generously sized guest suite buildings
- Health-focused, farm-to-fork menus made with local organic food
- Malaria-free environment
- Set in the 90,000 acres Borana Lewa Conservancy in Laikipia
- Voluminous and light-filled living areas
- Open fireplaces
- King-size beds and deep copper baths
- Soft-toned interiors to promote a sense of peace and tranquillity
- Restorative high altitude and clean air
- A selection of curated experiences tailored to your needs
- Flawless service levels
With curated experiences tailored to your needs, how you fill your days and nights at Arijiju is yours for the choosing.
For adventure seekers, there’s mountain biking, bush walks, safari drives, horseback riding, private guided tours through ancient forests, and wild running on the private resort’s trail. Seek out some of the most majestic animals on Earth, including lions, buffalo, elephants, giraffes, and cheetahs. Alternatively, step into Arijiju’s Retreat – a cluster of carbon-efficient traditionally styled, makuti-thatched structures – for a genuinely restorative escape, with its hot tub, hammam and vaulted plunge pool or lounge around the infinity swimming pool with the incredible Kenyan landscape unfolding before you.
At the end of the day, curl up with a book in front of an open fireplace or wallow in your private deep copper bath.
However you choose to spend your time, a stay at Arijiju will restore your spirit.
- Spa with wood-burning hot tub, hammam, plunge pool and rain shower
- Yoga studio and chill-out space with meditative views across the valley
- Games room with board games and table football
- Fully equipped gym
- Clay tennis court and squash court
- Infinity swimming pool with views of the Sieku valley, Kenya
- Cinema with over-sized comfy lounge seating
- Library, with vast desk space, large screen Macs, charging points and Wi-Fi
- Big five game wildlife drives
- Quad bike safaris
- Horse riding
- Helicopter trips
- Expert rangers for guided safaris and bush walks
- 24-km Arijiju Trail for run wild experiences