Villa Lopud 1483
Villa Lopud 1483
A PERFECT BLEND OF ART, HISTORY AND MODERN LUXURY
Embark on a luxury holiday with a difference as you experience life like a true art collector. Amid the fortress-like walls of the stunningly converted 15th century Franciscan monastery, art collector Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza’s world famous collections adorn every room of Lopud 1483. Stay in contemporary luxury in the original cells as you experience a private retreat that won’t fail to impress any lover of art, history and culture.
BEAUTIFULLY CONVERTED 15th CENTURY FRANCISCAN MONASTERY ON CROATIA’S DALMATIAN COAST
If you’re searching for a truly unique and extraordinary luxury Croatian holiday, then meet Lopud 1483. Painstakingly designed by influential art collector Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza over 25 years, this medieval Franciscan monastery is a glorious fortress filled with her private collection of Renaissance and contemporary art. From a lofty vantage point on the northern peninsula of Lopud Island off the Dalmatian coast near Dubrovnik, the views of the Adriatic Sea and Elaphiti Islands are as staggering as the medieval dining table, the tranquil gardens and the bedrooms created in the original monk’s cells. Embrace the culture and natural beauty as you enjoy an evening of outdoor cinema or music in the fortress gardens, watch the sunset from the terrace or dine on sumptuous cuisine in the refectory on a walnut dining table dating to 1550.
The island of Lopud makes for the perfect destination, its ancient villages home to just 300 inhabitants who make a living through organic farming, fishing and wine making. Take a step back in time and enjoy a slower pace of life on this luxury Croatian holiday.
- Luxury private villa in a converted 15th century Franciscan monastery
- The 5000 square metre fortress is home to just five exquisite rooms with sea and garden views
- Home to what is believed to be the second largest collection of Renaissance and contemporary art in the world belonging to the esteemed Thyssen-Bornemisza family
- Enjoy complete privacy and seclusion on the tiny island of Lopud
- Dine in the impressive refectory on a walnut dining table dating to 1550
- Cosy up in the Old Kitchen in front of an open fire and dine on Croatian breads and pizzas
- Wellness is embedded in every moment, from the cuisine to the massage treatments
- Personal chef on hand to create dishes based on locally sourced ingredients and Croatian wines
- Far-reaching views of the Elaphiti Islands and Mljet National Park
- Traditional Franciscan pharmacy garden filled with healing plants
Lopud 1483 is a true one-of-a-kind destination. It took more than two decades to convert the imposing monastery into what is today a fascinating, luxurious and culturally astounding holiday villa. Stay with friends or family in the grand walls and medieval gardens which once protected the island’s inhabitants from marauding Ottoman pirates.
Al fresco dining is at the heart of the Lopud 1483 experience, from drinks on the sun terrace to barbecues in the gardens and breakfast on the sundeck – all created by a personal chef. When you can tear yourself away from the world class art and serene surroundings, venture off on an excursion to nearby Dubrovnik, the Elaphiti Islands, Mljet National Park or the blue caves of Kolocep.
- Exclusive use of the monastery and its five bedrooms
- Al fresco dining options
- Mediterranean gardens
- Sun terrace
- Private chef
- Yoga instructor
- Pieces by artists including Paula Lenti and Thomas Struth
- Sacred Garden created by Arctic shaman Åsa Andersson
- 24-hour security
- Excursions to Elaphiti Islands and snorkelling in the blue caves of Kolocep
- Daily housekeeping
- Private speedboat transfer