- If you’re searching for a truly unique and extraordinary luxury Croatian holiday, then meet Lopud 1483.
- Painstakingly designed by influential art collector Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza over 25 years, this medieval Franciscan monastery is a glorious fortress filled with her private collection of Renaissance and contemporary art.
- From a lofty vantage point on the northern peninsula of Lopud Island off the Dalmatian coast near Dubrovnik, the views of the Adriatic Sea and Elaphiti Islands are as staggering as the medieval dining table, the tranquil gardens and the bedrooms created in the original monk’s cells.
- Embrace the culture and natural beauty as you enjoy an evening of outdoor cinema or music in the fortress gardens, watch the sunset from the terrace or dine on sumptuous cuisine in the refectory on a walnut dining table dating to 1550.
- The island of Lopud makes for the perfect destination, its ancient villages home to just 300 inhabitants who make a living through organic farming, fishing and wine making.
- Take a step back in time and enjoy a slower pace of life on this luxury Croatian holiday.
Lopud 1483 is a true one-of-a-kind destination. It took more than two decades to convert the imposing monastery into what is today a fascinating, luxurious and culturally astounding holiday villa. Stay with friends or family in the grand walls and medieval gardens which once protected the island’s inhabitants from marauding Ottoman pirates.
Al fresco dining is at the heart of the Lopud 1483 experience, from drinks on the sun terrace to barbecues in the gardens and breakfast on the sundeck – all created by a personal chef. When you can tear yourself away from the world class art and serene surroundings, venture off on an excursion to nearby Dubrovnik, the Elaphiti Islands, Mljet National Park or the blue caves of Kolocep.
- Private chef
- Yoga instructor
- Private speedboat transfer
- Exclusive use of the monastery and its five bedrooms
- Sun terrace
- 24-hour security
- Excursions to Elaphiti Islands and snorkelling in the blue caves of Kolocep
- Al fresco dining options
- Mediterranean gardens
- Pieces by artists including Paula Lenti and Thomas Struth
- Sacred Garden created by Arctic shaman Åsa Andersson
- Daily housekeeping
Enquire about this property
Fill out the form before and our expert luxury travel team will reach out to you prompty.